Editor’s note: Cordova’s regular election is set for March 6, in the Cordova Center. Voting hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Community Room A. The Cordova Community Medical Center Authority Board has two open seats for three-year terms. Candidates include Amanda Wiese, Dan Reum and Linnea Ronnegard. The Cordova Times gave the same questions to all the candidates. These are their answers.
How long have you resided in Cordova?
- Over 26 years, including about eight years as an adult.
Why do you consider yourself to be the best candidate for the job?
- I am invested in the health of my family and my community.
What would be your top priority as a hospital authority board member?
- Ensure that the hospital provides quality healthcare to the community.
How would you engage the community to combat substance abuse?
- See that adequate funding is provided for substance abuse prevention and treatment.
What steps need to be taken to balance the Cordova Community Medical Center’s budget?
- Staff continuity and retention. CCMC is on a good path now and we need to see it through.
What would you do to make Cordova safer?
- Get more women into leadership roles.