Poetry Showcase. Sept. 30 at 6 p.m. The theme is “Transition.” Join via Zoom or in the ED Room at the Cordova Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for login & event information.
Grant Writing Workshop. Sept. 20 at 12 – 1:30 p.m. in the Cordova Center Community Room A. To register, visit https://cordovacf.org/grant.writing.workshop
Story Book Forest. “Take a leisurely stroll and read along the way!” Sept. 7 – 19. Visit in the trees between the Episcopal Church and Red Dragon.
Cordova Trails Open House. Share your input on the future of Cordova’s trails. Sep. 20 at 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Cordova Center’s Lower Atrium. Bike and Cabin Stay raffle begins at 6 p.m. For more information, contact email@example.com
Current Rhythms Candlelight Yoga. Dec. 7 at 7 to 8:30 p.m. Call 907-424-3632 for more information.
- David Rosenthal is hosting “Intro to Painting: Landscape Workshop”, every Tuesday from Oct. 4 – Nov. 1 from 6 – 9 p.m. Cost is $100 for all classes. Materials are provided. Call PWS college at 907-429-7598 or David at 907-424-5613 for more information.
- Mini Movers: A parent/caregiver-led casual play session designed for preschoolers to explore their physical capabilities at their own pace in a fun, safe environment. Tuesday and Thursday from 10 – 11 a.m. Cost is $2.50 per child.
- The Cordova Volunteer Fire Department is hosting an EMT-1 Class starting Oct. 10 through January. An EMT-1 course provides basic life support such as basic airway management, splinting, hemorrhage control, oxygen therapy, suction, CPR and some lifesaving medications. There are no prerequisites to take this course. Any interested party may register and will receive certification upon completion of the course. Class fee is $800. To register, call 907-424-7118 or email Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calling artists and Star Wars collectors! October is Star Wars Month at the Cordova Museum. Contact email@example.com or call the Cordova Museum at 424-6665 if you have Star Wars-related art or objects you’d like to have on display.
- Free Tai Chi classes on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at St. Joseph’s Parish Hall.
- Community bike rides, starting at Cordova Gear. Monday evenings at 5:30 p.m. Call 907-424- 5590 for more information or to rent a bike.
- After School Art starting Sept. 16. Fridays 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. in the education room of the Cordova Center. Ages 8+. Call #6667, stop by the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- COVID-19 testing is by appointment now. Call Ilanka at 907-424-3622 or Cordova Community Medical Center at 907-424-8200 to pre-register.
- Current Rhythms is hosting multiple ongoing yoga classes. “Rise & Shine” on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 7:30 p.m. “Sculpt with Mandy” on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10- 10:30 a.m. “Stretch and Tone” on Wednesdays from noon to 12:45 p.m. “Yoga Sanctuary” on Saturdays from 10 – 11 a.m. Call 907-424-3632 for more information.
- Current Rhythms is hosting ongoing theater classes. For grades 4-6, Jr. Theater Arts will be hosted Tuesdays, 5:15 – 6:15 p.m. For grades 7-12, Theater Arts will be hosted Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7 p.m. Open Enrollment begins Sept. 1 in person, or register online at www.currentrhythms.com Classes begin on Sept. 19.