Poetry Showcase. Sept. 30 at 6 p.m. The theme is “Transition.” Join via Zoom or in the ED Room at the Cordova Center. Contact email@example.com for login & event information.
Current Rhythms Candlelight Yoga. Dec. 7 at 7 to 8:30 p.m. Call 907-424-3632 for more information.
Omicron boosters are available this week! To get vaccinated or boosted, call the Cordova Community Medical Center at 907-424-8200 or Ilanka at 907-424-3622.
The Little Chapel is hosting a plethora of events! Join them on Thursday. Sept. 22 at 4:30 p.m. for Memorial Service for Pastor Gary and Larue Barnes & Potluck afterwards. On Fri. Sept 23 5:30 p.m. there is a catered dinner. On Saturday, Sept. 24 at 8:30 a.m. there is a Mug up & activities & 7 p.m. Church Service. On Sunday, Sept 25 8:30 a.m. there is a Mug up. On Monday, Sept. 26 8:30 a.m. there is a Mug up, followed by a 4 p.m. Carl Fisher Memorial (with his wife Patsy attending) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There is a Cordova School District Safety-Facility Committee Meeting set for Monday, Sept. 26, 2022 at 4 p.m. via Zoom. Link: https://bit.ly/CSDSafetyFacilitySept26
CRWP will be hosting one more Gillnet Recycling Event in 2022. It will take place in the Alaska Commercial Co. Parking Lot (weather permitting) October 12-14 at 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Collection Events are for gillnets only. Need to recycle seine nets? contact CRWP at (907) 424-3334 to schedule a drop-off.
- David Rosenthal is hosting “Intro to Painting: Landscape Workshop,” every Tuesday from Oct. 4 – Nov. 1 from 6 – 9 p.m. Cost is $100 for all classes. Materials are provided. Call PWS college at 907-429-7598 or David at 907-424-5613 for more information.
- Mini Movers: A parent/caregiver-led casual play session designed for preschoolers to explore their physical capabilities at their own pace in a fun, safe environment. Tuesday and Thursday from 10 – 11 a.m. Cost is $2.50 per child.
- The Cordova Volunteer Fire Department is hosting an EMT-1 Class starting Oct. 10 through January. An EMT-1 course provides basic life support such as basic airway management, splinting, hemorrhage control, oxygen therapy, suction, CPR and some lifesaving medications. There are no prerequisites to take this course. Any interested party may register and will receive certification upon completion of the course. Class fee is $800. To register, call 907-424-7118 or email Stephen at email@example.com.
- Calling artists and Star Wars collectors! October is Star Wars Month at the Cordova Museum. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Cordova Museum at 424-6665 if you have Star Wars-related art or objects you’d like to have on display.
- Free Tai Chi classes on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at St. Joseph’s Parish Hall.
- Community bike rides, starting at Cordova Gear. Monday evenings at 5:30 p.m. Call 907-424- 5590 for more information or to rent a bike.
- After School Art starting Sept. 16. Fridays 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. in the education room of the Cordova Center. Ages 8+. Call #6667, stop by the library or email email@example.com for more information.
- COVID-19 testing is by appointment now. Call Ilanka at 907-424-3622 or Cordova Community Medical Center at 907-424-8200 to pre-register.
- Current Rhythms is hosting multiple ongoing yoga classes. “Rise & Shine” on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 7:30 p.m. “Sculpt with Mandy” on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10- 10:30 a.m. “Stretch and Tone” on Wednesdays from noon to 12:45 p.m. “Yoga Sanctuary” on Saturdays from 10 – 11 a.m. Call 907-424-3632 for more information.
- Current Rhythms is hosting ongoing theater classes. For grades 4-6, Jr. Theater Arts will be hosted Tuesdays, 5:15 – 6:15 p.m. For grades 7-12, Theater Arts will be hosted Wednesdays, 5:30 – 7 p.m. Open Enrollment begins Sept. 1 in person, or register online at www.currentrhythms.com Classes begin on Sept. 19.
- Cordova Gear is hosting community bike rides. Mondays at 5:30 p.m. Call 907-424-5590 for more information or to rent a bike.
- The Salvation Army is hosting rummage sales at 514 First St. Food distribution is the third Monday of each month. If you need food assistance or are interested in volunteering, please contact Katherine Mead at 907-429-7177. Non-perishable food donations can be dropped in the donation box at AC Value Center.
- Sugt’stun for Beginners Class. Learn Sugt’stun (Alutiiq) with Shyla from 6-7 p.m. every Tuesday via Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info