Courtesy of the Cordova Police Department
The following incidents were reported to the Cordova Police Department between 10-17-22 and 10-23-22. Any charges reported in these press releases are merely accusations, and the defendant and/or defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
OCTOBER 17, MONDAY:
- 4:06pm CCMC requested an ambulance to transport a patient from the 13-mile airport to the hospital
OCTOBER 18, TUESDAY: Nothing to report
OCTOBER 19, WEDNESDAY:
- At 12:43 am an officer performed a security check at the ferry terminal
- At 12:56 am an officer performed a security check at the Science Center
- At 1:38 am an officer performed a security check at the 13-mile airport
- At 6:31 pm a caller reported a verbally aggressive individual striking a
vehicle (an officer responded and arrested John Chancy Harmon)
OCTOBER 20, THURSDAY:
- At 5:08 pm a 911 call was received requesting an officer’s assistance in trespassing; a person was harassing an employee of a first street business (an officer responded to the location to contact the individual)
- At 8:08 pm a caller reported a bear on Whitshed getting into their chicken coop (an officer responded to the location)
OCTOBER 21, FRIDAY:
- At 10:16 pm an officer performed a security check at the 13-mile airport
OCTOBER 22, SATURDAY:
- At 12:11 am a caller reported a porcupine on the Copper River Highway (an officer responded and took the animal out past the 13-mile airport)
- At 4:04 pm a caller reported an uncontrolled burn on Whitshed Road (fire first responders and an officer responded to the incident and advised the responsible party of the fire code and they put it out)
OCTOBER 23, SUNDAY: Nothing to report.
DMV HOURS: Tuesday – Thursday from 8am to 4:30pm unless otherwise posted. DMV has
moved to 602 Railroad Ave. Payments now accepted for dog licenses, ATV/snow
machine registrations, citations.