The following incidents were reported to the Cordova Police Department between Feb. 20 and Feb. 26. Any charges reported in these press releases are merely accusations and the defendant and/or defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
FEBRUARY 20, MONDAY:
- A 3:42 a.m. an officer conducted a security check at the 13-mile airport.
FEBRUARY 21, TUESDAY:
- At 2:43 a.m. an officer conducted a security check at the 13-mile airport.
- At 7:07 a.m. dispatch received an audible alarm that a local cannery’s fire alarm system had been triggered. The responsible party was contacted and informed dispatch they were working on the alarm and that all was well.
- At 9:46 a.m. a caller reported that the running lights on his truck had been stolen. An investigation was started.
FEBRUARY 22, WEDNESDAY:
- At 1:25 a.m. an officer conducted a security check at the 13-mile airport.
- At 8:00 a.m. a caller reported a flare that went off near the breakwater or on Hawkins Island. Troopers responded, flew in the vicinity and no signs of distress.
- At 10:00 a.m. a caller reported a cloud of smoke rose in the direction of Spruce Street and Lake Avenue; the smoke was now clear. Fire Officer was Advised.
FEBRUARY 23, THURSDAY:
- At 12:11 a.m. an officer conducted a security check at the 13-mile airport.
- At 2:04 a.m. a caller reported an alarm was going off at Trident Seafoods South Plant, the responsible party was contacted and advised they were working on their alarm system.
- At 4:40 a.m. a caller requested an ambulance for her mother who had flu-like symptoms. An ambulance responded and transported the patient to the hospital.
- At 2:36 p.m. a caller requested an individual be trespassed from a business. An officer spoke with the caller.
- At 10:50 p.m. a caller reported they did not have power at their apartment. Cordova Electric was contacted and assisted with the issue.
FEBRUARY 24, FRIDAY:
- At 12:33 p.m. a caller reported people drinking on the Mezzanine at City Hall. An officer was advised.
- At 8:09 p.m. Andrew Johnson, age 35, was arrested for violating conditions of release.
- At 8:41 p.m. Connor Gillespie, age 30, was arrested for violating conditions of release and criminal trespass.
FEBRUARY 25, SATURDAY:
- At 12:41 a.m. an officer conducted a security check at the 13-mile airport.
FEBRUARY 26, SUNDAY:
- At 3:17 am a caller reported a theft, an officer responded, the incident is under investigation.
- At 3:06 pm a caller reported a vehicle abandoned on First Street with expired registration.
DMV HOURS: Monday-Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. unless otherwise posted. DMV has moved to 602 Railroad Ave. Payments now accepted for dog licenses, ATV/snow machine registrations, citations.