The following incidents were reported to the Cordova Police Department between May 15, 2023 through May 21, 2023. Any charges reported in these press releases are merely accusations and the defendant and/or defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
MAY 15, MONDAY:
- At 7:12 a.m. an alarm company reported a fire alarm at Ocean Beauty Seafoods, and the responsible party was contacted. They reported it was a false alarm.
- At 8:35 a.m. a caller reported a REDDI incident. A child was seen not in a seat or wearing a seatbelt. An officer was advised.
- At 7:55 p.m. a caller reported individuals were burning plastic and wires. An officer responded.
- At 9:31 p.m. an officer conducted a traffic stop. A warning was issued to the driver.
MAY 16, TUESDAY:
- At 9:23 a.m. a caller requested documents be served. An officer was notified.
MAY 17, WEDNESDAY:
- At 1:56 a.m. a caller requested an officer check on their property as they had lights on inside, but they are out of town. An officer responded.
- At 3:06 p.m. a caller reported a black lab was running in and out of traffic on Nicholoff Way. An officer was advised.
- At 3:53 p.m. a caller requested an officer for a civil standby. An officer responded.
- At 7:15 p.m. an individual turned in a lost wallet.
- At 7:27 p.m. an officer conducted a traffic stop. A warning was issued.
MAY 18, THURSDAY:
- At 9:04 a.m. an individual turned in lost property. The property owner was advised.
- At 3:01 p.m. an officer conducted a security check at the 13-mile airport.
- At 11:56 p.m. an officer conducted a traffic stop; a warning was issued.
MAY 19, FRIDAY:
- At 8:23 a.m. a caller reported a vehicle parked in front of the dumpster at the Townhouses. An officer was advised.
- At 9:00 a.m. a caller reported a reckless driver. An officer was advised.
- At 10:05 p.m. officers arrested an individual for violating a DV Protective Order.
MAY 20, SATURDAY:
- Nothing to report.
MAY 21, SUNDAY:
- At 3:22 p.m. a caller reported they would be having a controlled burn.
DMV HOURS: Monday-Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. unless otherwise posted. The DMV has moved to 602 Railroad Ave. Payments now accepted for dog licenses, ATV/snow machine registrations, citations.