Courtesy of the Cordova Police Department
The following incidents were reported to the Cordova Police Department between 10-10-22 and10-16-22. Any charges reported in these press releases are merely accusations and the defendant and/or defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
OCTOBER 10, MONDAY:
- 1:01am Officer conducted a security check at the 13-mile airport.
- 2:03am Officer conducted a security check at the City Center.
- 2:09am Officer conducted a security check at the High School.
- 2:15am Officer conducted a security check at the Elementary School.
- 4:04pm Complainant called reporting his vehicle had been sideswiped. He wasn’t sure when it had happened.
- 7:43pm Jeff Thelen, 56, was arrested for DUI.
OCTOBER 11, TUESDAY:
- 2:56am Officer conducted a security check at the 13-mile airport.
- 6:11am Individual called inquiring about child custody issues. Caller was told they needed to speak to the courts.
- 12:00pm Caller reporting an individual at City Hall, possibly having a seizure or a panic attack. Officer was notified and responded. It was determined that the individual was creating a disturbance. An officer spoke to the individual outside of the premise.
- 12:05pm An ambulance was dispatched to CCMC for a medical transport to the 13-mile airport.
- 5:28pm Complainant requesting to speak to an officer regarding a suspicious looking trailer parked at the neighbors.
OCTOBER 12, WEDNESDAY:
- At 9:52 am a 911 call was received, and the first responders reported to the individual who was then taken to the hospital.
- At 12:41 pm the first responders transported an individual to the 13-mile airport.
OCTOBER 13, THURSDAY:
- At 3:08 am the first responders transported an individual to the 13-mile airport.
- At 8:20 am an officer patrolled the school zones.
- At 10:32 am a person came in and picked up a lost wallet that was turned in.
- At 1:33 pm first responders transported an individual from the hospital to the airport.
OCTOBER 14, FRIDAY:
- At 3:13 am a caller reported a black bear getting into trash on Whitshed road (an officer responded and secured the location and attempted to contact the homeowners to inform them about the bear in the area).
- At 5:10 pm an officer served a court document.
- At 10:28 pm an officer performed a security check at a business on breakwater.
- At 11:33 pm an officer performed a security check on a business on first street.
OCTOBER 15, SATURDAY:
- At 1:31 am an officer performed a security check at the 13-mile airport.
- At 5:51 pm a caller reported an individual causing a disturbance (an officer responded and took the individual to the hospital).
- At 11:46 pm a caller requested shelter for the night (an officer responded and took the individual to the shelter).
OCTOBER 16, SUNDAY:
- At 1:19 am an officer performed a security check at a second street business.
- At 1:40 am an officer performed a security check at the 13-mile airport.
- At 2:03 am an officer performed a security check at community center on first street.
- At 4:19 am a caller reported a flooded section of road on Whitshed (DOT responded to the location as well as an officer).
- At 7:15 am a fire alarm call was received for a business on Railroad Ave (first responders reported to the location clearing it as a false alarm).
- At 3:06 pm a call from the coastguard was received about a downed aircraft around Cordova (local Alaska state troopers search and rescue to control of the incident).
- At 4:27 pm a caller reported a blocked culvert on second street (city shop responded to the incident).
DMV HOURS: Tuesday – Thursday from 8am to 4:30pm unless otherwise posted. DMV has moved to 602 Railroad Ave. Payments now accepted for dog licenses, ATV/snow machine registrations, citations.