By The Iceworm Committee
Happy New Year Cordova!
The holidays have come and gone, which means it’s time to prepare for the 64th Iceworm Festival. This year’s “Pre-Ice-Storic” festival takes place Jan. 27 through Feb. 3 and we are looking forward to a roaring good time! Stomp on over to our website www.icewormfestival.com for all the festival information. Our Facebook and Instagram are good spots too, and new this year is an email newsletter.
You can count on all the great events you know and love again this year, with some new ones too! As we can all expect, the survival suit races will not be taking place due to the new harbor project, and we cannot wait to make it happen again next year in the new digs.
Iceworm is a great time to fundraise! If you want to host a lunch or dinner fundraiser, host some games at the Paper Airplane Contest, or more, we’d love to have you. Iceworm is good for business, and we hope to see everyone partaking in the fun through specials, business decorating, and events!
A few things for you to prep for:
- Get your event on our schedule! The Cordova Times is your go-to for the printed schedule. To be sure your event is listed we need all events registered by Jan. 21;
- Buy treasure chest tickets! Enter to win one of two incredible prizes; two round-trip Alaska Airline tickets anywhere they fly, or a custom cedar box with local gift cards and vouchers;
- Create your float or walking group and register for the Iceworm Parade on Feb. 3. This is great for team building, community spirit, and creativity to showcase the theme with your business or group. Registrations due Jan. 30;
- Sign up to be a street food vendor at the parade — Cordova has some amazing food talent and we want to eat it all;
- Create an Iceworm-themed cake from home, wherever that may be. Send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org for entry in the Virtual Cake Competition to be posted on our social platforms for the public to admire and award praise. Photo due Jan. 28;
- Go to our visitor page and share the Alaska Airlines Coupon code ECMK336 with friends. Encourage them to come celebrate with us, and to bring their dino suit or don their caveman attire;
- Become a sponsor! It doesn’t take much to become a sponsor, and your dollars go a long way toward supporting Cordova’s only professional firework show! And don’t forget to snag a limited edition Iceworm Fireworks sticker too.
Stay tuned for exclusive content in the upcoming editions of The Cordova Times, such as the only printed schedule and more event information. Iceworm is Cordova’s community festival, and we enjoy watching the community come together to make it happen in a big way each year. Happy Iceworm!
The Iceworm Committee