The Cordova Public Library has its own book club.
We call it the “Knit Lit” group. It meets at 7 p.m. the last Tuesday of every month by the fireplace at the library. Books are chosen by popular vote and discussed at the next meeting. Knitting and hand projects are always welcome. The Knit Litters also take one evening a month to watch a movie in the North Star Theatre and leave the lights up, so they can knit!
Do you have a book club group? Here’s some of the favorite books for group reading from one of our favorite book websites, GoodReads.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The Cordova Public Library is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, and noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Closed Monday.